Lab phone: 412-648-2610
Lab address: E1200 Biomedical Science Tower (Starzl BST), 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Available Position(s): POSTDOCTORAL ASSOCIATE
The overall goal of our laboratory is to investigate the role of NADPH oxidase in normal cellular function as well as under a variety of pathophysiological conditions. We are currently developing isoform-specific inhibitors to delineate the contribution of specific NADPH oxidase isoforms in elevated reactive oxygen species (ROS) production in various cardiovascular diseases (CVDs). We are also employing conventional and cutting-edge technologies such as immuno-spin trapping, mass spectroscopy and proteomics to investigate the mechanisms mediating the effect of adventitia-derived hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) as a paracrine mediator of vascular dysfunction in CVD.
Professor and Vice-Chair, Graduate Education
firstname.lastname@example.org | 412-383-6505
Instructor, Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology
Developing and validating isoform-specific inhibitors of NADPH oxidase
email@example.com | 412-648-2610
POSTDOCS / FELLOWS
YAO LI, PhD
firstname.lastname@example.org | 412-648-2610
DANIEL SIMOES de JESUS, PhD
email@example.com | 412-648-2610
SANGHAMITRA SAHOO, PhD
Dr. Sahoo is interested in evaluating the role of micro-RNAs (miRs) in regulating Nox-dependent ROS generation and in regulating pulmonary vascular remodeling in the settings of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 412-648-2610
Graduate Student, Interdisciplinary Biomedical Sciences Program
email@example.com | 412-648-2610
Student Research Assistant
Student Research Assistant
Previous lab members:
- Arash Kiarash, M.D. Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 1998-2001; Current status: Practicing Internist.
- Nagamasa Ogasawara, M.D. Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 1998- 2000. Current status; Practicing Internist, Japan.
- Justin C. Clark, B.S. Graduate Student in Basic Medical Sciences- Boston University, 1996-1998. Current Status: Practicing Physician.
- Federico Rey, Ph.D. Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 1999-2001, went on to do a Ph.D. in microbiology at the University of Iowa; Current Position: Postdoctoral Fellow at Washington University in microbiology and cell signaling.
- Gary Jacobson, M.D. Vascular Surgery Research Fellow, 2000-2001. Current position: Private practice, Surgery.
- Hector Dourron, M.D. Vascular Surgery Research Fellow, 2001-2002. Current position: Private practice, Surgery; Clinical Research.
- Jianhua Liu, M.D., Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 2001-2002. Current position: Research Associate, Wayne State University.
- Mitchell Weaver, M.D., Vascular Surgery Research Fellow, 2002-2003. Current Position: Senior Staff Surgeon, Academic position in Vascular Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital.
- James. L. Park, Ph.D., Research Instructor, 2003-2005. Current Position: Staff Scientist, University of Michigan Medical Center.
- Noelia Ardanaz-Martinez, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 2003-2006. Current Position: Pharmaceutical Research Scientist, Barcelona, Spain.
- Mounir Haurani, M.D., Surgery Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 2005–2007. Current Position: Vascular surgery research fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA.
- Michael Best, BS, Summer Research Intern, University of Michigan, 2006. Current Position: accepted, graduate program, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health.
- Thomas Cascino, Undergraduate Research Intern, University of Michigan, 2007. Current Position: medical student, Loyal University
- Kristy Kelel, Master’s Degree Candidate, Biomedical Sciences Program, Wayne State University, 2007. Current Position: medical student, Wayne State University.
- Joseph Fiorillo, M.S.,; Graduate Student in Basic Medical Sciences-BostonUniversity (Dissertation advisor), 1994-1995.
- John P. Hezel; Bedford High School Science Program (Project Advisor), 1995.
- Mark C. Griswold, B.S., Boston University, 1993-1996.
- Sohang Chatterjee, M.S., Henry Ford Hospital, 1998.
- Juan Zhang, M.D. Research Fellow, 2003-2004.
- Kyle Jackson, Summer Medical Intern in Research, Wayne State University, 2006.
- Abeba Berhane, Summer Medical Intern in Research, University of Michigan, 2006.
- Siddharth Siva, Undergraduate Research Intern, Yale University, 2007.
- Yanlin Lu, M.D., Postdoctoral Research Fellow, 2007 – 2008.
- Claudia Castro, Ph.D., Fulbright Scholar, 2010. Current Position: Docente Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, U. Nacional de Cuyo, Argentina
- Judy Lee, Student Research Assistant, -2010
- Loreto Egaña, Health Sciences Fellow, -2011
- Andres Rodriguez, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow 2007-2013. Current Position: Investigator at Instituto do Coraçao / FMUSP, Brazil, and U. de Bio Bio, Chile
- Jefferson Heinrich Amaral, PhD, Visiting Scholar, University of São Paulo, Brazil, -2014
- Daniel Ranayhossaini, PhD, Graduate Student, 2010-2014. Postdoctoral Associate, 2014. Current Position: Laboratory Head at Bayer HealthCare, Germany
- Gabor Csanyi, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow 2007-2013, Research Instructor 2013-2015. Current Position: Assistant Professor, Georgia Regents University
- Daniel Meijles, PhD, International Postdoctoral Research Scholar 2013-2015.