Phone: 412- 648-1381
Tess Petropoulos email@example.com
Mohamed Trebak, PhD
Professor, Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology
Mohamed Trebak was born in Morocco and completed his graduate studies in the department of Pathology at the University of Liège, in Wallonia, Belgium. He then moved to the Wistar Institute of Philadelphia as a postdoctoral fellow and completed a second postdoc at the National Institutes of Health/NIEHS where he trained in calcium signaling in non-excitable cells. In 2007, he joined Albany Medical College, NY as an Assistant Professor and was promoted to Associate Professor in 2010. In 2015, he moved to the Pennsylvania State University Medical Center as a tenured Professor and then to the Vascular Medicine Institute at the University of Pittsburgh in 2021.
- Vascular Smooth Muscle
- Smooth Muscle Myocytes
- Cell Membrane
- Blood Vessels
- Endoplasmic Reticulum
- Stromal Interaction Molecule 1
- Type C Phospholipases
- Smooth Muscle
- Transient Receptor Potential Channels
Education and Training
For a complete bibliography, click here.
View Recent Papers
- Guéguinou, M, Pathak, T, Robert, A, Vandier, C, Trebak, M, Lecomte, T & Raoul, W 2021, ‘L’échangeur ionique NCLX: Un rôle ambivalent dans la chronologie du cancer colorectal’, Medecine/Sciences, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 124-126. https://doi.org/10.1051/medsci/2020274
- Emrich, SM, Yoast, RE, Xin, P, Arige, V, Wagner, LE, Hempel, N, Gill, DL, Sneyd, J, Yule, DI & Trebak, M 2021, ‘Omnitemporal choreographies of all five STIM/Orai and IP3Rs underlie the complexity of mammalian Ca2+ signaling’, Cell Reports, vol. 34, no. 9, 108760. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.celrep.2021.108760
- Azimi, I, Stevenson, RJ, Zhang, X, Meizoso-Huesca, A, Xin, P, Johnson, M, Flanagan, JU, Chalmers, SB, Yoast, RE, Kapure, JS, Ross, BP, Vetter, I, Ashton, MR, Launikonis, BS, Denny, WA, Trebak, M & Monteith, GR 2020, ‘A New Selective Pharmacological Enhancer of the Orai1 Ca2+ Channel Reveals Roles for Orai1 in Smooth and Skeletal Muscle Functions’, ACS Pharmacology and Translational Science, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 135-147. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsptsci.9b00081
- Pathak, T, Gueguinou, M, Walter, V, Delierneux, C, Johnson, MT, Zhang, X, Xin, P, Yoast, RE, Emrich, SM, Yochum, GS, Sekler, I, Koltun, WA, Gill, DL, Hempel, N & Trebak, M 2020, ‘Dichotomous role of the human mitochondrial na+ /ca2+ /li+ exchanger nclx in colorectal cancer growth and metastasis’, eLife, vol. 9, e59686, pp. 1-41. https://doi.org/10.7554/ELIFE.59686
- Zhang, X, Xin, P, Yoast, RE, Emrich, SM, Johnson, MT, Pathak, T, Benson, JC, Azimi, I, Gill, DL, Monteith, GR & Trebak, M 2020, ‘Distinct pharmacological profiles of ORAI1, ORAI2, and ORAI3 channels’, Cell Calcium, vol. 91, 102281. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceca.2020.102281
Visit Dr. Trebak’s laboratory at trebaklab.com.